In a previous post I shared an experimental tool that I had been tinkering with that converts Google directions to GPX format.
After quite a few interesting suggestions and discussions with readers I want to present Update #1 to this tool.
- New and more user friendly UI with error checking.
- More control over output format and output file types (the tool now defaults to generating a file that has the broadest compatibility with the GPX standard).
- Auto-generation of unique route point names (format "RPxxx").
- Option to include the full direction text with each route point in the <desc> field.
- Option to include a brief next turn information with each route point in the <cmt> field.
- Optional JSON response for future web-development
Are you interested in the development of this tool?
Here are the previous posts:
Developer & Programmer with +15 years professional experience building software.
Seeking WFH, remoting or freelance opportunities.